Friday 19 November 2010

Arcs by Slighty

psssssssssst my real name is Lizzie, but lets just stay with Slighty,  yeahhh?


The three Principles of Animation that I am going to research are:

- Arcs
- Straight ahead or pose to pose
- Cycles



ARCS




spider diagram of my initial research


An example out of 'The animators survival kit' by Richard Williams






The illusion of life - Disney Animation
by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston


From my research so far, I can conclude that arcs are important in order to retain a level of reality when dealing with natural motion. If animators didn't use arcs as a guide in their work, characters would become distorted and incorrect. This wouldn't apply to mechanical or robotic characters. 




STRAIGHT AHEAD OR POSE TO POSE



Why the to methods work well together:






0 comments:

Post a Comment